Daycare Daily Report
You will have to produce a daycare daily report when you run a daycare center.
This works like a diary for your business. You have to put down what happened during the day so that you can refer
back to it when necessary.
This may sound like a hassle but you have to do it for your own good. You
never know when you have to look back on something you may have overlooked before.
What are things that you put on your daily report anyway? This will vary from daycare to daycare but there are some fundamentals that have to be observed.
First of all, you have to record the attendance. You need to know who came in for the day and
who did not.
Why is this important? If a child is missing then you might be held liable if you do not keep a daily
There are a lot of kidnappings going on so you should not compromise on the details of your attendance. You do
not want to end up in jail, right?
Second, you have to record significant events and activities that happened during the day.
What is the teacher going to discuss on Monday? What are the games that
the children will play on Tuesday?
- What are the students going to learn on Wednesday?
- All these events have to be recorded so you know what to tell the parents just in case they ask what you
did on that day.
- Third, you have to record the meals that the children will eat during the day.
- You have to make sure all the meals are recorded properly because there might be a day that a child will go
home with allergies.
- Some children develop allergies at a certain stage of their growth and they might discover their allergy on
- The parents will ask you what was served on that day and you have to be able to answer.
If you think that making daily reports is such a hassle then think again. Imagine if you
didn’t make a daily report.
If a parent asks you what you served on a particular day and you can not answer them then you will get into big
trouble. If a parent asks you why their child is so traumatized with dinosaurs then you have to be able to answer
If you do not answer them then you will get into big trouble. You will never know that the dinosaurs in
storytelling time left a psychological scar on the child.